It was apparently “women poets” month for this packet. I’d never heard of any of them (no surprise, I guess, since I am such a comparative newcomer to poetry):
- Rouge Pulp, by Dorothy Barresi
- The Dig and Hotel Fiesta, by Lynn Emmanuel
- The Work of a Common Woman, by Judy Grahn
- Housekeeping in a Dream, by Laura Kasischke (not pictured because I had to return it to the library before posting this)
- Misery Prefigured, by J. Allyn Rosser
I wrote papers on Barresi and Rosser and read most of Grahn. I only read a little of Kasischke and wished I’d had time for more; she’s on my list to read again in the future.
Barresi was by far my favorite. I love her statement on PoetryNet (probably because it confirms so many of my own prejudices) and there’s a very nice interview with her on “The Creative Community.” If this interests you, you can read some of her work on West Branch and Poetry Daily.